Ask a COVID-19 Question
- Palau has not confirmed cases of COVID-19 within its borders.
- Presidential Directive No. 20-39 –Imposing a moratorium on government travel to reduce the risk of COVID–19 infection
- No employee of the Executive Branch of the National Government shall undertake official international travel between March 18, 2020 and April 30, 2020
- Any employee who has traveled overseas shall self-quarantine for 14 days upon return to the Republic. For the duration of the 14 day quarantine period the employee shall work only from home, at the direction of his or her relevant management official. This requirement shall apply to any travel undertaken between March 4, 2020 and April 30, 2020.
- Large Gatherings of more than 50 people are strongly discouraged between March 18,,2020 and May 30, 2020.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- The following is flight information from Palau’s Bureau of Aviation regarding international air links:
United Airlines: All Flights Suspended Until Further Notice.
Korean Air: All Flights Suspended Until Further Notice
Asiana Airlines: All Flights Suspended Until Further Notice
China Airlines: All Flights Suspended Until Further Notice
Caroline Airlines: All Flights Suspended Until Further Notice
APA( ASIA PACIFIC AIRLINES): Cargo and mail only once a week- Every Thursday. ETA: 5pm Local Time and ETD: 6pm local time (Please contact United Cargo Office @ 587-3500 Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am – 2pm)
Seasonal Charter Operation
Japan Airlines: No Charter Operation
Skymark: No Charter Operation
TWAY: No Charter Operation
Skyangkor: No Charter Operation
Lanmei Airlines: No Charter Operation
- Do travelers need particular documentation to enter/exit?
- Any person, including a crew member, a Palauan citizen, or a Palau resident, arriving into Palau at any point of entry is required to complete a health declaration form.
- What procedures have been put in place at airports and other ports of entry?
- On January 23, 2020 the Republic of Palau Ministry of Health (MOH) started implementing health screenings at the Palau International Airport in Airai and the Malakal Seaport for symptomatic passengers and crew who may have traveled through areas affected by the 2019 novel coronavirus(n-CoV).
- Entry of all travelers with travel history originating from or transiting through mainland China, Hong Kong, and Macau within 14 days of their arrival in the Republic of Palau will be prohibited by the Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Industries, and Commerce. Exemptions may be made to this prohibition for Palauan citizens and residents, provided that such persons submit to a comprehensive health screening and agree to a 14-day self-quarantine upon arrival in Palau.
- Mandatory fourteen (14) day self-quarantine for all travelers with a travel history from or through COVID-19 affected geographical areas
- MOH Directive No. 90-20 Authorizing Isolation and Quarantine Measures
- List any local resources that can provide additional useful information.