The U.S. Embassy Koror is seeking to employ one Facilities Supervisor.
The incumbent directly supervises maintenance personnel. Directs and supports maintenance and operation of all U.S. facilities and residential properties. Serves as the Post Safety Coordinator with responsibility for assisting the Post Occupational Safety and Health Officer (POSHO) in carrying out the day-to day functions of the Safety, Health, and Environmental Management (SHEM) and Fire Protection Division programs at Post as required by 15 FAM 800 and 15 FAM 900.
A successful candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Completion of secondary school, a minimum of two years relevant technical courses pertaining to the job functions and journeyman’s level of certification in carpentry, electrical, air conditioning, or plumbing are required.
- A minimum of 4 years in Facility Maintenance work such as repair, alteration, and limited design and construction including carpentry, electrical and plumbing trades is required.
- English Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
- Host County Driving License is required.
Salary range begins at $20,893 per annum.
Please submit your application to U. S. Embassy, Airai.
The last day to submit an application is Friday, August 25, 2023.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member
(DS-174) (PDF 94 KB); or
- A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 – 24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; or
- A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B below for more information); plus
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Copy of current and valid passport to confirm identity and citizenship of applicant.
- Current police clearance.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Questions or Inquiries:
Telephone: 587-2920 ext. 2200