The U.S. Embassy Koror is seeking to employ a ODC Coordinator (Training Level).
This position advises the Office of Defense Cooperation (ODC) Chief, administratively and financially manages the ODC, and directly coordinates with the U.S. Embassy staff in support of US DoD priorities in Palau. Supports all U.S. Indo-PACOM operations, activities, and actions in Palau. Coordinates with DoD Foreign Military Sales and Building Partner Capacity (BPC) organizations, U.S. Defense Industry, Host Nation’s security sector representatives (i.e. Marine Police, Internal Security, Customs, etc.) as required.
A successful candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Two years of college is required. At least three (3) years of progressively responsible administrative experience in the government or military sector is required. English level IV (Fluent) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
- Must have knowledge in computerized budgeting/accounting programs, business administrative management, employee training and development, military training requirements, Microsoft Office (MS) applications. Must be competent in MS Office software programs.
- Must be able to communicate and liaise with high level officials from both the host country and U.S. government.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to research training needs, excellent organizational skills, the ability to prioritize workloads and to multi-task is required.
- Must have a valid, current local driver’s license. Must have had a valid driver’s license for a minimum of five (5) years.
Salary range begins at $17,516 per annum.
Please submit your application to U. S. Embassy, Airai.
The last day to submit an application is Friday, August 25, 2023.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member
(DS-174) (PDF 94 KB); or
- A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 – 24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; or
- A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B below for more information); plus
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Copy of current and valid passport to confirm identity and citizenship of applicant.
- Current police clearance.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Questions or Inquiries:
Telephone: 587-2920 ext. 2200